May 13, 2011

I'm in a band...

I need to start a band, solely for the purpose of showcasing the awesome names I've come up with.

Shyamalan Twist
  • Genre: post-hardcore/screamo
  • 5-piece outfit (I'd be the quiet, unassuming bassist)
  • Already have titles for two albums  6th album - The Sixth Sense//final album - The Last Airbender 
  • Our debut would be a critical darling, then each follow-up record would be progressively worse, until our last album hit rock bottom and even our biggest fans/apologists would have to stop pretending we're still good
The Royal Divorce
  • Genre: emo 
  • 3-piece outfit specializing in...what else? Breakup/love songs. (I'd be the primary songwriter, but my lack of experience in relationships would lead our guitarist to take over)
  • Opportune time to start given the recent wedding
  • We'd have a slew of catchy, royal-themed singles: 
    • "I've Fallen For Pippa Middleton" 
    • "Prince Harry, I'll Be Your Ginny" (a love song about another commoner hoping to become a royal. Add in the crossover with the Harry Potter crowd and you've got yourself a chart-topper)
    • "William, Are You The Richest Bill?" (a comparison of William's wealth with Bill Gates')
  • Our catalog would explode if William & Kate ever did call it quits due to gazillions of Google searches that would lead to our music
Tell me you wouldn't listen to those.

4 comments:

  1. I love how your mind works! Very creative kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I deserve an honorary spot in one of these bands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can always use a cellist - nothing conveys depression like strings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I think I get to be the guitarist for the Royal Divorce, or the bouncer at the very least.

    ReplyDelete