December 28, 2010

Oh to be old again...

I've become more aware than ever during this break that I will have no trouble transitioning into retirement.  I will not be one of those 'has to be working' types or even a 'has to be doing something in the community' types.  I've been perfectly content surfing the Internet, listening to music, watching movies, playing Wii, reading books, and skiing (my lone physical activity, which will be replaced by golf in retirement).  It just doesn't get old for me - I'm perfectly happy being a consumer and not a creator.

Unfortunately, I have quite some time before I get there (if I get there) but for these next two weeks I'm perfectly happy living my retired lifestyle.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you Nick. I did it for 3 years and it about killed me to go back to work. Milk it for as long as you can.... aka Dad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "I'm perfectly happy being a consumer and not a creator" line. I'm glad to have you home during this first retirement because when you're really retired I won't be here but I'll still be loving you.

    ReplyDelete