December 14, 2010

Elephant in the Room

Politics aren't my forte because when I express my opinions, I like to be fully informed on the issue.  For me to be fully informed about U.S. politics would require a lot of effort that I'm not necessarily interested in making at this point in my life.  

But I have been following Republicans' refusal to pass the 9/11 responders bill, which would give them medical benefits/compensation for their sacrifices. Many of them are facing serious health issues because of their heroism on that day.  There's a time to be stubborn and hold out to get what you want, and then there's black-and-white decisions.  

Jon Stewart highlighted their hypocrisy last night.  I mostly watch his show for the comedic/satiric aspect, but I think he excels in these moments where he is able to call out politicians' backwards thinking and flip-flopping.


The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Lame-as-F@#k Congress
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire Blog</a>The Daily Show on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment