January 30, 2011

The Future Freaks Me Out

A while back, I was trying to pick a major and was told taking a future employment test would help me decide.  Here were my results for the top ten occupations I should consider based on my interests/strengths.

1) College Instructor
2) Special Education Teacher
3) Social Worker
4) Administrative Assistant
5) Bookkeeper
6) Foreign Language Teacher
7) Business Education Teacher
8) Parks & Recreation Manager
9) Community Service Director
10) Speech Pathologist

So basically I'm destined to make no money and I might be a woman.

2 comments:

  1. So now I think you're ready to bust into the administrative assistant field. Mostly because I find the name of that profession hilarious. It means you would get to be a secretary but in a more politically correct, and gender friendly way. You could pave the way for all the young boys out there who dream of one day answering phones and providing support to higher up department members, but are too ashamed of the social stigma to pursue their dreams. I bet they would write a book about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously just laughed outloud. I was reading that list thinking this is for a woman! Glad you called it out too. I'm all about equality. go for it!!

    ReplyDelete