May 14, 2012

Things I Will Remember About The Day I Graduated From College

  • Thinking "this is the closest I'll come to Hogwarts" as I passed by people and professors in funny robes
  • A kid in my class telling me I look like Crispin Glover (add him to the list). I didn't know who that was, but a subsequent Google search didn't make me feel too hot.
  • Going in for a hug with the secretary of the Russian department and her a) choosing to ignore it or b) not noticing it, leaving me suspended mid-motion unsure of what to do.  Wouldn't be me unless something painfully awkward that will scar me forever happened.
  • Asking my Russian professor to tell my parents the time he had dinner with Tolstoy, a feat that would have been quite remarkable considering Leo died 112 years ago (!).  I'm seriously one of the worst Russian majors ever.
  • Bonding with my fellow Russian majors one last time, basking together in the knowledge that with a Russian degree, we will likely never have a salary higher than our tuition.  Except for that kid with the medals - he's going places (you can see him already looking into the future).

No comments:

Post a Comment