September 18, 2010

What Really Grinds My Gears: Issue #2












For some reason I can't fill that space above.  Sometimes technology sucks. Moving on...

I first took issue with socks and sandals, my next problem is with...

poorly done signs. This really bothers me for some reason. I have always found presentation to be just as important as content - if I'm going to buy something, it had better look good.  That is why I have to pick a bone with these clueless people who mean well but are really hurting themselves by having poorly designed/executed signs.  Take a look at the girl on the right. She no doubt is establishing herself as an entrepreneur, venturing out into the unknown and scary world that is the street corner.  She has set a fair price for the product that is surely not to keep anyone away.  But the issue is you can't really read the sign.  You would have to squint or drive slowly past it to figure out what it was.  She needed to spend more time on the sign, coloring it in so it would be visible from further away.


But little girls are the not the only victims of this unfortunate predicament. Everyone from homeless people writing out their statement on a piece of cardboard to people advertising their parking on game day to people letting you know about their garage sale.  And as a result, they do not get my business.  Color in your signs people.

2 comments: