August 1, 2010

Numbers

So I'm reading the Old Testament right now.  And in Old Testament times, people lived a long time.  Like, a really long time.  Adam - 930 years.  Seth - 912 years.  Noah was 500 when he became a father.

I think if we lived this long, it would totally alter our life perspective.  Don't we become a more lackadaisical society?  We'd put stuff off.  I think it would be great because you wouldn't feel like you're wasting precious time with things that you enjoy but really don't add any substance to your life (TV shows, I'm looking at you).

A downside - puberty lasts longer.  It'd be a bit awkward to be getting spontaneous erections and voice cracks when you're one hundred and fifty. Oh, and school would be at least 200 years - never mind, forget this idea.  I couldn't take that.  

3 comments:

  1. Second try. But wouldn't they mature the same? Also, why did the Lord let them live so long, and not us? And wouldn't the Lord wait to let Noah have kids until he was 500 yrs old because he had tons of stuff to do? I can keep the questions coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be terrible to live most of your life as an adult/old person. I would hope for arrested development :).

    Yeah I thought we were the chosen generation, so wouldn't He want us here on Earth for longer to influence the future generations? Good point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of, I heard half the script was done for the Arrested Development movie! We only have to wait 10 more years!

    ReplyDelete