August 15, 2010

Holiday From Real

I just came back from the most refreshing vacation I've been on in a long time. The reason: complete isolation from the outside world.  Vacations are about escaping from your real life, but I've found it's hard to get away from that when you're in a hotel with a TV or at a campsite where you still get coverage.  This past week, I had no Internet connection and no phone reception for an entire week.  It was really nice.  

One, because I got to read.  This always takes a backseat to the pointless hours I spend on the world wide web.  Two, because it was great to focus on relationships and not be distracted by those things that get in the way.  I got to know my extended family even better, and they're pretty awesome.

The only downside was coming back to find my 2 new Facebook notifications paled in comparison to my sister's 99.

Lake Powell. Isn't she beautiful?

Don't be fooled, this wasn't me... 

but this was. We had costume night, and I dressed up as my uncle to the left, who would grace us every day with this number that put the 'short' in swim shorts 


(I had to do some teenage-girl stuffing to fill out like he did however)

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, love the shorts! You are brave to sport those things. How I love Lake Powell. Super jealous. Wish you were coming this weekend to Alli's party!

    ReplyDelete