June 10, 2010

Completely & Utterly Useless

I hate moments in life that are completely and utterly wasted. In my opinion, this only applies to a select few things. For example, watching a bad movie may seem like a waste of two hours, but really you are able to reminisce about it and make fun of it with others after the fact despite the underwhelming experience at the time. And although I am sure when I am old I will look back at the countless hours I spent on Facebook and see that as time down the drain, I don't see that as a waste of time (yet).

But today, I know that I wasted an hour of my life. Totally. I went to the library and eagerly went through all the CDs, amassing a collection of about 15 after about an hour. As I went to apply for my card, I found out I wasn't even eligible because I didn't live in the county. So there was nothing learned in that hour. There was no entertainment. No productivity. Just wasted time.

Although I guess it gave me a topic for a blog entry...so maybe there is no such thing as a complete and utter waste of time. Hm.

Except for possibly my years of USC football - with the announcement today we won't be playing in bowl games the last two years of my time there, and the lackluster season last year, coupled with my rather boring freshman year with Booty (I missed Leinart and Sanchez), I would say I got screwed on the football side of things (which was one of the motivating factors in my choosing of USC). I guess there's still...women's volleyball?

I do need to rant a little here though. It just makes me angry these guys live the life here and screw over their school and face no consequences. OJ Mayo is still going to play in the NBA as if nothing happened (and both him and Reggie still claim nothing did). Reggie Bush loses nothing and keeps that $100K his family got. I really wish they would take away his Heisman because that would be vindicating, but even then, it's just a statue. I would just love for these guys to be in a dunk tank except I would throw the ball at them instead. At least Reggie got Kim Kardashian taken away from him. Take that sucka!

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to think of what other sports would be worthwhile to watch at USC. Women's volleyball is one of the top. Water Polo? errrr

    ReplyDelete