June 3, 2010

Parent Trap

Why is it that without fail parents always come in on the worst parts of TV shows/movies? I can remember this happening throughout my childhood as my mom would walk by the living room, pause at the door, only to witness a racy sex scene in "The OC" or a dirty joke in "That '70's Show" that would leave her commenting how this was a great show I was watching.

And now, today, my dad walks in as I'm watching "Damages" and not even two minutes later the raciest sex scene of the season (with some cocaine thrown in) is shown. There had been nothing like that the previous eight episodes I'd watched! It is amazing how this always happens - to me, at least.

Or maybe it's that you notice the inappropriateness once you have a parental set of eyes watching with you.

2 comments:

  1. I guess you need to stop watching those rated R movies too, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ain't watching any girl!

    ReplyDelete