June 29, 2010

Laptops

I wonder if in the near future we will see a dramatic decrease in male infertility.  I say this as I'm writing this blog post with my laptop on top of my lap, which according to science, is heating up my scrotum, which contributes to male infertility.   

Because I'm sure there are many other males in the world with their laptops exactly where mine is.  With laptops getting cheaper and more accessible (thanks to the smaller NetBook design) and computers becoming boys' toy of choice, I feel the younger generation is going to be exposed to elevated scrotal temperatures over a longer period of time.  My brother has had a laptop since he was 14.  I got mine when I was 18, so his scrotum will have taken a larger beating when he is my age.  Maybe a "Children of Men" type future awaits us, only the males will be the infertile ones.

Or maybe they should rename the laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment